2012 State Legislative Agenda
The Minnesota AIDS Project advances legislative priorities that are focused on HIV prevention. We advocate for policies that help prevent new HIV infections and keep people living with HIV healthy. We promote state legislative policy that is aligned with the National HIV/AIDS Strategy.
Our priorities for the 2012 Minnesota State Legislative Session are to promote HIV prevention through:
- Maintaining access to affordable, high quality health care for people living with HIV and those at risk for HIV infection
- Working in coalition to advance the implementation of a health insurance exchange
- Educating policy makers about HIV testing and treatment as prevention strategies
- Maintaining access to stable, affordable housing for people living with HIV and those at risk for HIV infection
- Promoting policies that further HIV education and reduce stigma
- Protecting state funding resources and policies for HIV prevention and services
- Protecting HIV prevention funds for communities most at risk for HIV infection
- Protecting funds for services that keep people living with HIV healthy
Contact Public Policy
Do you have questions related to HIV advocacy, voting, or the legislative process? Do you want to personally meet with your legistlators? If so, contact:
MAP Public Policy
Phone: 612–373–2437 |
MN AIDS WALK 2013
HIV ACTION NETWORK SIGN UP
Subscribe to the HIV Action Network and stay current on HIV policy news.
REGISTER TO VOTE
Voter eligibility and registration info.
Learn more about HIV and then educate others.